Jimerson Birr, P.A. offers clients a customer-focused and cost-effective alternative to larger business law firms.
Search Results: creditor rights
Blogs & Resources
- The Servicemembers Civil Relief Act: An Introduction for Creditors
- Remedies for Creditors under FUFTA Chapter 726 – Part I: Who may be Liable
- Self-Help Without Breaching the Peace- How Does a Secured Creditor Repossess Collateral Without Incurring Liability?
- What Happens to a Creditor’s Claim not Included in a Discharged Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filing?
- Can Lenders Still Foreclose When Borrowers File for Bankruptcy?
- Foreclosing on Property With a Mobile Home
- Lien Requirements, when you can Lien & Avenues for Recovery
- Eminent Domain Law
- Bankruptcy and its Effects on Foreclosure Proceedings
- Lender Considerations & Options
- What are the Conditions Precedent (if any) to Perfecting a Claim to an Assignment of a Life Insurance Policy as Security Collateral for a Loan?
- Five Jimerson Birr Partners Recognized by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Bankruptcy 101: What Secured Lenders Need to Know About Common Bankruptcies
- Treatment of Commercial Leases in Bankruptcy
- Prejudgment Writ of Attachment in Florida
- Vicinity of Insolvency: What Fiduciary Duties are Owed by Directors or Officers of Insolvent Entities When Going Out of Business?
- 3 Main Considerations When Obtaining Assignments of Lawsuits or Judgments as a Judgment Collection Tool
- Fraudulent Transfers 101: What You Need to Know When Following the Money Trail
- Collections Law: Necessary Steps to Perfect and Collect the Judgment
- Fraudulent Transfer Remedies & Defenses Under FUFTA
- Florida Proceedings Supplementary 101
- Elements of Proof for Fraudulent Transfers in Florida: How to Determine if a Transfer was Fraudulent
- Choose Your own Adventure: Are Florida State Law Claims for the Wrongful Filing of Involuntary Bankruptcy Preempted by 11 U.S.C. Statute 303(i)?
- Condominium Assessment Liens in Florida, Part IV: Overcoming Defenses and Sale of the Unit
- Vendor’s Checklist When a Customer Files for Bankruptcy
- The Five Most Common Ways to Pierce the Corporate Veil and Impose Personal Liability for Corporate Debts
- Determining Ownership Within Boundary Disputes Part IV: Litigating Unrecorded Land Claims
- Setting Aside Fraudulent Transfers Part II: Voluntary Dissolution and Individual Liability of Principals
- Avoiding Successor Liability When Purchasing a Business
- Bankruptcy Asset Sales: How a “Free and Clear” Section 363 Sale Affects the Purchaser’s Liability
- Identifying and Resolving Common Title Defect Issues in Florida
- Lenders and Vendors Beware: Deprizio can Spoil Your Insider Guarantees – but a Waiver may Protect You
- The Statute of Limitations for a Breach of Contract Claim Does not Apply to all Contracts Equally
- Florida’s Revised Limited Liability Company Act: Part V – Proper and Improper LLC Distributions Under the Revised Act
- Florida’s Revised Limited Liability Company Act: Part III – The Right to Dissociate From the LLC
- Collecting Criminal Restitution Orders in Florida
- Collecting Accounts Receivable Part X: Proceedings Supplementary
- You Have a Judgment and Want to Collect on It
- Collecting Accounts Receivable Part VII: Charging Orders Against a Debtor’s Business Interest
- Collecting Accounts Receivable Part V: Garnishing a Debtor’s Assets
- Appointment of Receivers in Debt Collection: A Brief Overview of Pro’s and Con’s
- Florida’s Revised LLC Act and how it Affects Both new and Existing LLCs
- Analyzing the Validity of Pre-Petition Bankruptcy Waivers in a Written Agreement
- The Treatment of HOA Liens During a Debtor’s Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Do you Have a Customer Entering Bankruptcy? Be Sure not to Violate the Automatic Stay
- Termination of an LLC Member Upon Bankruptcy Filing
- Defaults and Damages: Where Do Attorney’s Fees Fit In?
- Special Considerations for Bringing a Foreclosure Action by a Junior Lienholder
- Methods of Moving a Stagnant Bankruptcy Action Towards Completion
- Duval Ford v. Rogers: How a Merger Clause Backfired on a Car Dealer: Part 1 of 2
- Garnishment: Know Thy Debtor
- Using Florida’s Agricultural Bond Laws as a Collection Tool