- 2018 “Top 100 Most Influential Attorneys in Law and Business in the United States” by The Business Journals (national publication)
- 2022 America’s Top 100 Attorneys Lifetime Achievement Award
- 2016 Jacksonville Business Journal Ultimate Attorney award winner (inaugural class)
- 2011 Jacksonville Business Journal “40 under 40”
- Board Certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar
- American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) certified arbitrator
- AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell (Peer rated the highest level of professional excellence)
- Avvo top rated lawyer banking attorneys since 2010
- Multi-year recognition in The Best Lawyers in America for Commercial Litigation dating back to 2021 (Top 6% of attorneys practicing in the United States awarded with honor based upon peer review)
- Multi-year recognition as a Super Lawyer and Rising Star in Business Litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine dating back to 2007 (Top 5% of attorneys awarded with honor based upon peer review)
- 2015 Jacksonville Business Journal “Veterans of Influence”
- Multi-year listing of Top Legal Lawyers and Legal Experts by Jacksonville Magazine dating back to 2013
- Multi-year winner of Florida Trend Legal Elite and Legal Elite Up and Comer Award dating back to 2007 (Top 1.4% of attorneys awarded with honor based upon peer review)
- 2022 Legal Eagles of America Award
- 2021 3 Best Business Lawyers in Jacksonville, FL as selected by www.threebestrated.com
- 2018-2019 “Top Lawyers in Florida” by Tampa Bay Magazine
- 2018 “Champion 8 – Top 8 Civil Litigators” by Attorney at Law Magazine
- 2016 First Coast “Top 10 Attorneys Under 40” by Attorney at Law Magazine
- 2016 Attorney at Law Magazine – First Coast “Top 10 Attorneys Under 40”
- 2015 “Top Attorneys in Florida” by Miami Magazine and The Miami Herald
- 2014 “Top 40 under 40 Litigation Lawyers in Florida” by American Society Legal Advocates
- 2014 American Society Legal Advocates “Top 40 under 40 Litigation Lawyers in Florida”
- 2013 Top-Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation by The American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel magazine
- Leadership Jacksonville Class of 2013
- Firm recipient of awards for Jacksonville Business Journal “50 Fastest Growing Companies on the First Coast” 2013, 2017 and 2020
- Firm recipient of Florida Trend Magazine “Best Companies to Work For in Florida” from 2015-present
- Firm recipient of 2015, 2017-2018 and 2021 Gator100 award
(100 fastest-growing, University of Florida alumni owned or led businesses in the world)
- Firm recipient of awards for the Jacksonville Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work in Northeast Florida” 2013, 2014 and 2020-23
- Firm recipient of awards for the Jacksonville Business Journal’s “Top Ranked Veteran Owned Businesses” 2013-2018
- Firm recipient for Law Firm 500 designation from 2016-2020 peaking at #28 Fastest Growing Law Firm in the United States in 2016
- Firm recipient of awards for the U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Law Firms In Florida,” 2019-23
- Firm recipient of Expertise.com Best Litigation Attorneys from 2020-23
- Lorman Legal Educational Services Distinguished Faculty Member
- Rotary International Paul Harris Fellow
- Former United States Air Force active-duty Combat Meteorologist
Many businesses have turned to Charles B. Jimerson to fight the hardest battle they will ever fight. Whether it’s an overexposed start-up, or an established business, sometimes a company’s survival depends on the results obtained in a single legal engagement. For those matters, and many others of lesser impact but equal importance, clients have come to Mr. Jimerson for representation when they sought a seasoned lawyer who knows how to run matters efficiently, manage teams of talented professionals, present a winning arguments, or see through enterprise growth and change. Charles, or Charlie as his friends call him, boasts an impressive track record of successful outcomes in high-stakes scenarios, where the pressure mounts and the consequences are paramount. From high-dollar lawsuits to lucrative transactions and weighty corporate decisions impacting operations, when Charles takes on an engagement, his clients gain access to his pragmatism, competitive spirit, business-oriented acumen, and unwavering personal commitment. Moreover, his quick wit and ready sense of humor create an engaging and personable experience. Recognized as one of the Top 100 Most Influential Attorneys in Law and Business in the United States by The Business Journals in 2018, Charles’s reputation speaks volumes about his dedication and expertise.
Charles B. Jimerson, the founder and Managing Partner of Jimerson Birr, P.A., represents various businesses of all sizes and scale as their go-to counsel for all legal matters, offering comprehensive legal expertise both inside and outside the courtroom. In his capacity as a practice group leader for several areas of emphasis of the firm, and someone who often finds himself involved in the most sensitive matters the firm is handling at any given time, Mr. Jimerson leads teams of lawyers serving several industries in many capacities. Most of his days are spent putting out legal fires for businesses of all sizes in need of a lawyer who can draft and enforce contracts, provide grounded executive-level advice, and collect money owed. With extensive experience spanning all phases of litigation, including alternative dispute resolution, settlement negotiations, and the litigation of complex commercial cases that culminate in trial, Mr. Jimerson’s career is distinguished by a rich tapestry of accomplishments that mirror his unwavering commitment to securing favorable outcomes for his clients. His career highlights below and representative matters tab reflect a diverse legal career focused upon service, quality and results.
Mr. Jimerson has won just about every peer-nominated and media-given award a Florida business lawyer can win. As an esteemed A-V rated lawyer, he stands distinguished among his colleagues for upholding the highest standards of ethical conduct and professional aptitude. Furthermore, Mr. Jimerson’s expertise in construction law has earned him the esteemed title of Board Certified Construction Attorney, granted by The Florida Bar. This respected certification signifies his exceptional skill, specialized knowledge, proficiency, professionalism, and unwavering commitment to ethics, as rigorously assessed by the Florida Bar. In addition to these prestigious accomplishments, Mr. Jimerson has been the recipient of numerous distinguished business and legal honors, including being listed for multiple years in honored publications such as Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, and Florida Trend Legal Elite. His outstanding contributions have also been acknowledged through accolades such as The Jacksonville Business Journal’s 40 under 40, Veterans of Influence, and Ultimate Attorneys. Under Mr. Jimerson’s leadership as Managing Partner, Jimerson Birr, P.A. has been the proud recipient of numerous local, statewide, and national awards, recognizing their excellence as a fast-growing company, a veteran-owned business, and best place to work.
Charles B. Jimerson is a gritty professional that personifies the true working-class spirit of a native Floridian, with familial roots that extend deep into the early days of statehood. He cut his teeth in the construction sector supervising landscape crews and serving as a shift manager at his Grandfather’s plant nursery as early as 13 years old. Upon graduation from high school, Mr. Jimerson enlisted in the U.S. military to serve his country and earn money for college. A graduate of the Lundy-Fetterman School of Business at Campbell University (Buies Creek, NC), Mr. Jimerson earned his Bachelor of Business Administration degree summa cum laude. While attending Campbell University, Mr. Jimerson contemporaneously served as an active duty Combat Meteorologist in the United States Air Force, participating in various worldwide operational missions and earning Airman of the Year honors. During his tenure, Mr. Jimerson was the youngest operationally certified meteorological forecaster in U.S. Air Force history. His tireless work ethic and ability to adapt and overcome challenging situations propelled him to achieve the highest honors in every academic pursuit throughout his secondary education, from undergraduate studies and professional certifications to technical schools, placing him in the top two percent of his classes.
Mr. Jimerson earned his Juris Doctorate from the prestigious University of Florida Levin College of Law, renowned as a tier one institution and consistently ranked among the top 25 law schools nationwide. During his time at UF Law, he showcased his leadership capabilities by assuming pivotal roles as President, Officer, and Director of numerous student-run organizations. Seeking to broaden his legal horizons on an international scale, Mr. Jimerson embarked on a transformative journey by participating in the esteemed London Legal Consortium in London, England, an experience that not only enriched his legal knowledge base, but also introduced him to his life partner, Ashley. Prior to founding Jimerson Birr, P.A., he honed his skills and expertise at prominent Jacksonville-based commercial litigation and construction law boutique law firms, cementing his reputation as an accomplished practitioner in the fields.
Mr. Jimerson resides in Ortega with his wife, Ashley, their two children, and their dog, Olive (Italian Greyhound). Though his free time is very limited, his non-professional interests are watching SEC football games and holding cuss words in, coaching youth sports teams that unexpectedly steal your weekend and drain your wallet, serving as an MMA fighting media correspondent, traveling to remote locations with an ambitious and overly complicated itinerary, binge watching clever dramas or thrillers with glints of dark comedy, apologizing to his wife for who knows whatever reason, grilling meats, self-loathing for working out like a has been and never will be, ranking just about anything in a top ten list, dive bars with a jukebox, impromptu family living room dance parties, and managing a cut-throat fantasy football league.