Jimerson Birr is a firm of knowledgeable attorneys and staff committed to providing legal representation in all areas of real estate law, including Condominium Law. Our firm is actively involved in issues concerning Condominium and Community Associations through interpretation, analysis and drafting of condominium legal documents while providing substantive legal opinions to the Association’s Board of Directors regarding enforcement and interpretation of those documents. Our firm also assists in the collection of delinquent common assessment and represents the Association with construction defects and other matters related to the transition from the developer, including covenant compliance, daily operations and most any issue related to Florida real estate or construction law.
Our firm recognizes that condominium associations are neighborly communities, thus we are committed to the goal of helping boards prevent problems and lawsuits before they arise. We stay fully apprised of changes to Condominium Association laws in Florida, and we keep our clients informed through our education efforts. We interpret the law and the condo documents for our clients, and recommend changes that will make the language more understandable, address the population and needs of the community in question, and bring the documents into compliance with changes in Florida law. We are efficient and cost-conscious, and we are committed to helping association boards effectively plan and maintain their budgets.
We are available to support Florida Condominium Associations in contract and other negotiation or enforcement, in addition to resolving Florida Condominium Law questions and other legal issues which sometimes occur in the everyday management and operation of the association. If you are in need of legal services from competent lawyers versed in Florida Condominium Law, please do not hesitate to contact our firm for help with any of the following issues:
- General legal counsel regarding the statutes, rules, and regulations for condominium associations in Florida
- Condo association and homeowner association litigation and alternative dispute resolution
- Structuring and operation of condominiums, planned communities, and their management associations
- Drafting, interpreting, amending and enforcing condominium association documents, including Declaration, Articles of Incorporation, Declaration of Covenants, Articles of Incorporation, By-laws and Rules and Regulations.
- Counsel for vendor procurement and disputes
- Covenant enforcement and disputes involving owner rights and responsibilities in condo living
- Management and collection of association’s assessments and fees, including lien enforcement and foreclosure
- Administrative representation before the Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Developer claims and Florida construction defect litigation
- Disputes arising from maintenance and repair of main and common areas
Please feel free to browse our Condominium Law FAQ’s for basics on Condominium Law. For more information about our practice, or to discuss your legal concerns with a lawyer who understands Condominium Law, contact our offices today.