Professional Services Overview
To succeed in business, professional services companies get the most out of their human capabilities. Jimerson Birr’s diverse, lively Professional Services Industry Team brings deep industry and functional expertise and a range of perspectives to spark change through leading-edge legal advice and practical business counsel fit for purpose. We work in a uniquely collaborative model across the firm and throughout all levels of the client organization to deliver results that help our clients thrive. Our lawyers help professional services firms to gain an understanding of their exposure, vulnerabilities, and potential losses in order to develop resilience and profitability strategies.
Jimerson Birr’s experienced lawyers, combined with our business network, allow us to provide the legal and business support your company needs—wherever you need it, whatever the size of your organization. Uniquely qualified and driven to understand and address the opportunities and challenges specific to professional services companies, Jimerson Birr’s approach transforms the obligation of legal problem spotting and problem solving into opportunities for your business. A Jimerson Birr engagement is not a trip to the torture chamber, or exercise in corporate box checking. Instead, our lawyers focus on risks and opportunities – things that matter – and minimize work on what is less relevant.
A Jimerson Birr experience is kinetic, customized, and integrated to deliver insights that inform intelligent, real-time decisions. Our team combines our multi-disciplinary approach with deep, real-world industry knowledge to help clients meet challenges and respond to opportunities. Our service model is centered on offering valuable perspectives as we serve you now and as you grow. Our lawyers have become trusted advisors to some of the most healthy and promising companies in the world, due in large part to a mutually defined goal setting agenda predicated on creating and sustaining value for our clients.
Jimerson Birr’s Professional Services Industry Team works with senior leadership across functional areas, applying our legal expertise and commercial acumen to solve their toughest challenges and grasp their greatest ambitions. From new ventures to venerable service firm institutions, the work we do with them is as varied as they are. Covering all disciplines from every angle, Jimerson Birr lawyers tap into our collection of creative, experienced, diverse and authoritative resources to reframe the future for our professional services clients – for today, for tomorrow, and for generations beyond.
Who We Serve
- Accounting Firms
- Management Consulting Companies
- IT Services Companies
- Recruiting & Staffing Companies
- Marketing & Advertising Companies
- Law Firms
- Real Estate Agencies, Brokerages or Appraisal Companies
- Financial Planning & Investment Management Companies
- Insurance Agencies or Brokerages
WHAT WE DO FOR THE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES INDUSTRY
Jimerson Birr recognizes that companies in the risky, complex, and fast-paced professional services sector depend on sound counsel for mission-critical operational, legal and regulatory issues. We are committed to the goal of helping professional services executives mitigate risk and prevent problems before they arise or escalate.
- We stay fully apprised of changes to industry-specific laws and trends in order to proactively keep our clients informed through our educational efforts and industry wide training initiatives.
- We draft and prepare contract documents in a manner that will make the language more understandable, address the primary risks of your particular business, and bring the documents into compliance with changes in law or trends in the industry.
- Our dedication to efficient and cost-conscious practice of law, in conjunction with innovative and flexible compensation terms, enable us to help professional services executives effectively plan and maintain their budgets without surprise.
- We have the resources and bandwidth to address legal issues which may occur in the everyday management and operation of the business.
Our Professional Services Industry Attorneys cover all aspects of a company’s legal needs, with specialty service offerings centered around:
- Licensure of Professional Services Firms
- Professional Services Agreements (MSAs, SLAs, SOWs, etc.)
- Partner or Executive Compensation
- Professional Liability Matters, including Errors and Omissions Claims Against Real Estate Agents, Insurance Agents, Attorneys, Physicians, and Directors and Officers
- Mergers and Acquisitions of Professional Services Firms
- Strategic Planning
- Succession Planning
- Legal Standard of Care or Attorney’s Fee Expert Witness Services
- Legal Malpractice Defense
More than just Professional Services Industry Law specialists, Jimerson Birr has a team of attorneys with experience and expertise in every legal issue you may encounter, including:
- Accounts Receivable and Judgment Collections
- Administrative Law and Licensing
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Asset Protection Law
- Bet The Company Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Borrower Representation
- Business Litigation
- Business Process Consulting
- Corporate and Board of Directors Governance and Operations Counsel
- Corporate Formation, Transactions and Dissolution
- Class Action Litigation Defense
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Disaster and Crisis Preparation and Response
- Economic Development and Government Incentives
- Eminent Domain Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Diligence, Compliance, Permitting and Mitigation
- Executive Coaching
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Defense
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Defense
- Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act Defense
- Florida Registered Agent Services
- General Counsel for Small Businesses or Start Up Companies
- Government Procurement and Bid Protests
- Governmental Relations and Advocacy
- Immigration Law for Businesses
- Insurance Procurement and Coverage
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Landlord/Tenant Leasing (Commercial)
- Land Use and Zoning
- Legal Opinions
- Opportunity Zone Investing
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Premises Liability
- Property Insurance Claims
- Property Tax Disputes
- Real Estate Transactions & Disputes
- Records Management and Document Retention
- Shareholder Disputes and Derivative Litigation
- Subpoena Response
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act Defense
- Trade Secret Protection
- Vendor Contracting
- Workplace Safety, OSHA and CDC Compliance
We live by our 7 Superior Service Commitments
- Conferring Client-Defined Value
- Efficient and Cost-Effective
- Delivering an Experience While Delivering Results
- Meaningful and Enduring Partnership
- Exceptional Communication Based Upon Listening
- Accountability to Goals
What Employers Need to Know About the “Executive” Exemption Under the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Jacksonville, Fla — March 10, 2022 — For the fifth year, Jimerson Birr has been recognized by the Law Firm 500, which
Jacksonville, Fla—March 24, 2022—Jimerson Birr Managing Partner Charles B. Jimerson, Esq. has been named as one of America’s
A successful ransomware attack can cost a business hundreds of thousands of dollars or more in cash, plus weeks of lost
A Florida business break-up can be messy. However, it doesn't have to be that way. Instead, owners of a business who plan ahead
Suing for an injunction in Florida is all about preserving the status quo. Therefore, it's important to not consider it a tool for
Served as Sellers Counsel for Multi-Million Dollar Merger
Served as sellers counsel in multi-million dollar merger of regional accounting firm of 100+ accountants with national accounting and consulting firm.
Defended Primary Shareholder of Global Consulting and Staffing Company
Defended primary shareholder of global consulting and staffing company accused by vexatious litigant minority shareholder of derivative and direct claims related to breach of fiduciary duty, breach of operating agreement, constructive fraud, fraudulent inducement, tortious interference, defamation and extortion.
Managing Partner of Regional Accounting Firm Testimonial
Connected. Jimerson Birr’s experienced attorneys and a network that transcends many other business law firms is an advantage worth exploring. They bring sound advice, are quick take hold of the subject, and get to the point. Through diligent preparation and communication, you will always know where you stand and how your matter is progressing. Jimerson Birr disciplined approach typifies what a quality legal practice can do for anyone working in the professional services industry. We’ve actually upped our game in the service department based on methods Jimerson Birr employed with us and our clients.
General Counsel for Staffing Solutions Company Testimonial
As a leader of a recruiting company with a local presence, I become acquainted with Jimerson Birr during one of their recruitment efforts. As my company transitioned to outsourcing its legal counsel, I was immediately impressed by what I learned about this firm. After assisting them with a project, I decided to explore the options of using them to support our company’s own needs. I have been so impressed with their legal capabilities and have since used Jimerson Birr as my legal partner for a bevy of matters. This organic union is one that came at just the right time, and I cannot recommend their services enough.