INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY PROTECTION
It should not be hard to understand why intellectual property protection is important for building and sustaining a business. Intellectual property protection undeniably boosts the market value of any business, as it turns ideas into protected profit-making assets. From a marketing standpoint, well presented and preserved intellectual property can create an image and brand that helps differentiate products and services in the competitive marketplace. Once established, intellectual property rights have independent value that can be monetized through sale, licensing, or collateralization. Recognizing the value of intellectual property to our clients, Jimerson Birr has a team of professionals who advance the businesses we serve by registering, auditing, policing, and enforcing rights associated with information unique to their company, such as: proprietary information, branding, authored words, videos or images, inventions, designs, or names used in commerce.
Intellectual property protection usually takes the form of patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret identification, registry, and enforcement. Through diligent counsel, our intellectual property protection team enables businesses to earn financial or commercial recognition from what they invent or create by distinguishing their business, products, services, processes and innovations from their competition. Because the ownership of intellectual property inherently creates control over the usage and distribution of the protected property, our intellectual property protection team helps clients overcome competition, adopt roles as market leaders, and secure market positioning by influencing consumer perception. When we are at our best, our clients aren’t spending any time worrying about the protection of their innovations, creative expressions, commercial behaviors, and competitive advantages because they have peace of mind that their intellectual property is preserved and protected. Using a range of intellectual property protection protocols gives businesses layers of fortification and reinforces commercial standing. Whatever business strategy any company adopts, it should not be bereft of an intellectual property protection plan. Preserving your intellectual property is the beginning point of all fortune.
We provide a complete range of intellectual property protection legal services, regularly offering counsel in areas such as:
- Acquiring, auditing, monitoring, and enforcing patent rights
- Pursuing and defending patent infringement claims
- Acquiring, auditing, monitoring, and enforcing copyrights
- Pursuing and defending copyright infringement claims
- Acquiring, auditing, monitoring, and enforcing trademark rights
- Pursuing and defending trademark infringement claims
- Reexamination or interference proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Opposition or cancellation proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board
- Proceedings before the Copyright Office or U.S. Customs agencies
- Trade Secret Protection
- IP related transactional work such as development, licensing, marketing, distribution, franchising, security, or co-branding agreements.
- Intellectual property due diligence and auditing
- Domain name protection
- Advising clients on how to evaluate and limit potential IP risks in corporate acquisition or hiring
- Developing programs and processes to help secure, manage, and promote corporate intellectual property portfolios
- Scope of protection counsel and IP legal opinions
Jimerson Birr is a premier law firm with a market-leading intellectual property protection practice that is tailored to the nuances of the industries we serve. Our teams have a global perspective and strong Florida roots. Our clients look to us to bring a distinctively high degree of quality, passion and creativity to resolve intellectual property protection challenges effectively and cost efficiently.
We’re honored to work with some of the world’s most accomplished organizations and the leaders who drive them. We know that on any given day our clients are confronting competition, corporate advancement, risk management, process and product innovation, resource allocation, efficiency stewardship and talent oversight problems; some days all the above. When our clients place intellectual property protection matters with us, they enlist sets of broad shoulders that carry their burdens for them so that they no longer feel their weight. This deep business partnership will give us both an opportunity to be at our best.
For many businesses, their protected thoughts, products or methods are their most valuable asset. The intellectual property protection team at Jimerson Birr appreciates corporate identity and enjoys working with our clients to develop and protect meaningful intellectual property. We provide the legal context our clients need to make informed business decisions on how best to protect and uphold these valuable rights. When it’s time to take action, our attorneys bring significant intellectual property litigation experience to the negotiation table and courtroom.
We live by our 7 Superior Service Commitments
- Conferring Client-Defined Value
- Efficient and Cost-Effective
- Delivering an Experience While Delivering Results
- Meaningful and Enduring Partnership
- Exceptional Communication Based Upon Listening
- Accountability to Goals