Transportation and Logistics Overview
Doing business globally depends on linkage through elastic channels that move people and products across skies, roads, rails, oceans, and waterways with haste, security, and proficiency. While the transportation and logistics sector has helped to drive global economic growth, it is often replete with vulnerabilities, growing knottiness and encroaching complexities. Jimerson Birr’s Transportation and Logistics Industry Team brings a thorough understanding of how the related sectors work, and our extensive legal experience, service methods, and strong network of experts gives us a unique ability to turn threats into opportunities.
Our clients are served by lawyers who are focused on the legal and business trends and emerging challenges facing the transportation and logistics industry. Our attorneys are well-suited to provide risk management, operational improvement, regulatory, turnaround, and litigation counsel based on in-depth industry knowledge and expertise. We work alongside clients to respond to their most pressing strategic, legal and operational challenges in a way that implements solutions for enduring results and value.
Operations and Regulatory Representation
Jimerson Birr attorneys work diligently to provide clients with comprehensive legal advice and guidance from transportation or logistics related contracts and cargo displacement or damage claims to business operational issues such as regulatory compliance, employee management, real estate and environmental law. When it comes to business structuring and transactions, insurance coverage issues, fair competition planning, labor and employment management, alternative workforce programs, workers compensation, driver leasing, warehousing, fleet operations, outsourcing, customs and export control, regulation of global distribution systems, and various other matters of industry-wide significance, our legal team is recognized throughout the sector for our capacity to deliver valuable counsel and advocacy to industry clients, including carriers, leasing companies, underwriters, operators, shippers, and brokers operating throughout the State of Florida and across the nation. Our team is well-connected to be able to provide representation to all forms of manufacturers, producers, sector stakeholders, and exporters and importers of products moving globally, whether by air, ocean vessel, rail, truck or inter-modally.
Our team provides advanced preemptive advice with respect to business contracts, transportation and logistics contracts, and regulatory compliance in order to prevent legal disputes and litigation. When disputes do arise, however, our litigators make every attempt to resolve the dispute without judicial or arbitrator involvement, offering useful guidance to allow clients to make educated decisions on the issues before them. If attempts to resolve the dispute without litigation are ineffective, our skilled litigators will heartily advocate with a results-driven mentality for our clients.
Jimerson Birr’s Transportation and Logistics Industry Team has a broad understanding of the transportation industry and are dedicated to providing superior service and value-add representation on all matters affecting the industry. Whether your issue involves a routine accident, freight claim, an employment matter, a complex industry-specific agreement, pesky regulatory issue, or corporate/financial transaction, we are committed to assisting your company with dedicated and cost-effective counsel.
Who We Serve
- Aviation and Aerospace Sector Companies
- Automotive Sector Companies
- Maritime Sector Companies
- Railway Sector Companies
- Moving, Shipping, Trucking and Freight Transport Logistics Sector Companies
- Parking Companies
- Ridesharing Companies
- Taxi and Bus Companies
WHAT WE DO FOR THE TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS INDUSTRY
Jimerson Birr recognizes that companies in the risky, intricate, and booming transportation and logistics sector depend on sound counsel for mission-critical operational, legal and regulatory issues. We are committed to the goal of helping transportation and logistics companies mitigate risk and prevent problems before they arise or escalate.
- We stay fully apprised of changes to transportation and logistics laws and industry trends in order to proactively keep our clients informed through our educational efforts and industry wide training initiatives.
- We draft and prepare compliant documents in a manner that will make the language more understandable, address the primary risks of your particular business, and bring the documents into compliance with changes in law or trends in the industry.
- Our dedication to efficient and cost-conscious practice of law, in conjunction with innovative and flexible compensation terms, enable us to help transportation and logistics companies effectively plan and maintain their budgets without surprise.
- We have the resources and bandwidth to address legal issues which may occur in the everyday management and operation of the business.
Our Transportation and Logistics Industry Attorneys cover all aspects of a company’s legal needs, with specialty service offerings centered around:
- Cargo and Freight Loss and Damage
- International Trade Compliance
- Transportation Insurance/Risk Management
- Supply Chain Contracting, including Manufacturing, Distribution and Licensing Agreements
- Intermodal, Transloading and Other Supply Chain Management Issues
- Trucking Broker and Logistics Provider Liability
- FMCSR and DOT Regulations Compliance and Audits
- Dangerous Goods Compliance
- Bill of Lading/Cargo Release Disputes
More than just Transportation and Logistics Industry Law specialists, Jimerson Birr has a team of attorneys with experience and expertise in every legal issue you may encounter, including:
- Accounts Receivable and Judgment Collections
- Administrative Law and Licensing
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Asset Protection Law
- Bad Faith Defense
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Borrower Representation
- Business Litigation
- Business Process Consulting
- Corporate and Board of Directors Governance and Operations Counsel
- Corporate Formation, Transactions and Dissolution
- Class Action Litigation Defense
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Disaster and Crisis Preparation and Response
- Economic Development and Government Incentives
- Eminent Domain Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Diligence, Compliance, Permitting and Mitigation
- Executive Coaching
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Defense
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Defense
- General Counsel for Small Businesses or Start Up Companies
- Government Procurement and Bid Protests
- Governmental Relations and Advocacy
- Immigration Law for Businesses
- Insurance Procurement and Coverage
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Landlord/Tenant Leasing (Commercial)
- Land Use and Zoning
- Legal Opinions
- Opportunity Zone Investing
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Premises Liability
- Property Insurance Claims
- Property Tax Disputes
- Real Estate Transactions & Disputes
- Records Management and Document Retention
- Registered Agent Services
- Shareholder Disputes and Derivative Litigation
- Subpoena Response
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act Defense
- Trade Secret Protection
- Vendor Contracting
- Workplace Safety, OSHA and CDC Compliance
We live by our 7 Superior Service Commitments
- Conferring Client-Defined Value
- Efficient and Cost-Effective
- Delivering an Experience While Delivering Results
- Meaningful and Enduring Partnership
- Exceptional Communication Based Upon Listening
- Accountability to Goals
Jacksonville, Fla—March 24, 2022—Jimerson Birr Managing Partner Charles B. Jimerson, Esq. has been named as one of America’s
Jacksonville, Fla. – September 15, 2021 – Jimerson Birr, a business law firm with an overarching mission of adding value with
A successful ransomware attack can cost a business hundreds of thousands of dollars or more in cash, plus weeks of lost
Successfully Defended Trucking Company During Bench Trial Against Former Subcontractor’s Claim for an Outstanding Balance
Defended a trucking company against a former subcontractor’s claim for an outstanding balance due. After a half-day bench trial, the former subcontractor was awarded only the undisputed amount owed, which was less than half the amount he was seeking.
Represented Shipping Company in a Multi-District Federal Antitrust Conspiracy Class Action Litigation in Puerto Rico
Successfully obtained a court order dismissing with prejudice of all claims against a shipping company client in a multi-district federal antitrust conspiracy class action litigation in Puerto Rico involving the ocean shipping industry, and in which all other defendants in the action later had to pay millions in settlement.
Assisted Automobile Dealership in Construction Project Closeout to Meet Deadline for Grand Opening
Assisted large automobile dealership in construction project closeout procedures, coordinating completion of key trades, remedial work management and contractor recovery in order to tight deadline for issuance of certificate of occupancy and grand opening of business.
Director of Safety and Training for Trucking and Tanking Company Testimonial
Specialized, focused and efficient. The attorneys at Jimerson Birr proactively manage a wide range of matters for our company and their no-nonsense, laser-focused approach sets them apart from many other firms we’ve encountered in the past. They are quick to direct us towards our goals and help us prevent risk. When in need of quality legal counsel, this law firm gets the job done quickly and gets it done right. My highest recommendation goes to the experienced attorneys at Jimerson Birr.
General Counsel for Railroad Company Testimonial
Recently, we started using them for litigation matters. They’ve always given practical advice and reported progress in ways that I could make key strategy decisions feeling informed. They promptly return emails and calls, they keep me updated and don’t require me to ask for an update, they don’t leave me surprised and they took time to learn the intricacies of our business. Their broad understanding of the litigation in any industry coupled with their sharp legal eye proved to be valuable during the times they advocated for our business needs and ensured that our interests were protected.