Brandon C. Meadows is a Partner with the firm, where he concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, financial services litigation, real property litigation, business torts and creditors’ rights.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Meadows served as a judicial intern to the Honorable Roy B. Dalton, Jr., of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the Honorable Mark W. Moseley of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Court of Florida. While in law school, Mr. Meadows served as the Executive Editor of the Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy and as President of the University of Florida Trial Team, earning recognition for his advocacy skills as the 2012 Champion of the Florida Justice Association Trial Competition and as a 2012 Regional Semi-Finalist of the American Association for Justice Trial Competition. Mr. Meadows is a 2013 inductee of the National Order of Barristers, and he is a recipient of the Gerald T. Bennett Outstanding Service Award for his advocacy and service to the University of Florida Levin College of Law.
Originally from the Bluegrass State, Mr. Meadows and his wife, Jenna, who is also an attorney, moved to Florida to pursue their legal education. The Meadows family, which includes baby Noah and a Jack Russell Terrier named Peanut, enjoys spending time outdoors, watching SEC sports, and rooting for the Big Blue Nation.
Bar and Court Admission
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court – Southern District of Florida
Honors and Recognition
- Super Lawyer Rising Star 2019
- The University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D.
Executive Editor, Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy President, UF Trial Team Teaching Assistant, Trial Practice
- The University of Kentucky
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, Member, Noon in June Committee
- Florida Justice Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- University of Florida, Law Alumni Council
- University of Florida Alumni Association
Banking and Lender Liability Law
- Defaulted commercial mortgagors in payment arrears and covenant violation on behalf of regional bank.
- Assisted regional bank in recovering loan proceeds backed by the Small Business Administration after debtor, a regional franchisor, defaulted on the loan documents.
- Negotiated a short sale agreement during the pendency of a residential mortgage foreclosure on behalf of a regional bank.
- Prepared commercial foreclosure action against hotelier, on behalf of a national non-bank SBA lender.
- Engaged by regional lender to prepare deed in lieu of foreclosure.
- Engaged by national franchisor to enforce franchise agreements against franchisees for unpaid royalty fees and breach of non-competition agreements.
- Engaged by national telecommunications company to file derivative action on behalf of the company and against another member for misappropriation of corporate property and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Prepared petition to Value Adjustment Board to contest ad valorem tax assessments on residential property.
- Filed commercial eviction action on behalf of regional auto parts distributor and installation servicing company.
- Engaged by management company of multi-state assisted living facilities to defend breach of contract action filed by publicly traded health care real estate investment trust.
Creditors’ Rights and Commercial Collections
- Engaged by medical products distributor to defend bankruptcy preference action and further course of dealing defenses.
- Engaged by regional bank to execute on final judgment against debtor with substantial assets. Successful collection resulted from extensive post-judgment discovery; asset location and collectability analysis; moving for proceedings supplementary; obtaining writs of garnishment on banking and investment accounts; obtaining orders to levy and sell personal property; and obtaining charging orders against debtor’s business interests.
- Engaged by regional materials and services provider to collect indebtedness against a publicly traded franchisor.
- Engaged to defend national medical goods supplier from bankruptcy trustee’s demand to turnover property of the estate.
Corporate Formations, Transactions and Operations
- Drafted Employment and Non-competition Agreement for a materials supplier.
- Drafted shareholder agreement on behalf of prospective franchisee for commercial development with established restaurant franchisor with over 150 locations throughout the United States.
- Provided corporate counsel, drafted Operating Agreement and Employment Agreements to reflect changes in corporate structure and protect member interests in national telecommunications and cloud-based technology company.
- Represented regional lender in commercial real estate transaction.
- Engaged by materials supplier to review and edit restrictive covenants in employment contracts.
- Engaged to facilitate closing transaction for the purchase and sale of a commercial development.
PRIOR RESULTS DO NOT GUARANTEE A SIMILAR OUTCOME
Partner Brandon Meadows is recognized on the 2019 Florida Super Lawyers list.
The promotion of Austin B. Calhoun, Hans C. Wahl and Brandon C. Meadows from Associate to Jimerson Birr Partner is published by Jax Daily Record.
Jimerson Birr’s promotion of Austin B. Calhoun, Hans C. Wahl and Brandon C. Meadows from Associate to Partner is published by Attorney At Law Magazine.
An announcement about Jimerson Birr promoting Austin B. Calhoun, Hans C. Wahl and Brandon C. Meadows from Associate to Partner is published by the Jacksonville Chamber in Member News.