Manufacturing and Distribution Overview
In today’s intensely competitive environment, manufacturers and distributors face many challenges: responding to overseas competition, implementing technological advancements in production, protecting their designs, trademark, inventions and innovations from piracy, and building and maintaining a skilled workforce. With such demands, manufacturers and distributors need prompt and efficient attention to the legal matters related to their businesses from trusted and knowledgeable advisers.
Jimerson Birr is committed to the success of our manufacturing and distribution clients. We are involved with trade associations serving the interests of manufacturers, and as a result are at the forefront of new issues challenging this industry. Our experience serving manufacturers and distributors enables us to thoroughly understand the issues affecting the supply chain management, and allows our interdisciplinary team of corporate, litigation, labor, intellectual property and environmental lawyers to provide value add counsel.
Our professionals help identify supply chain risk and develop mitigation strategies. Our proactive approach to legal representation improves operational performance and effectiveness while reducing hazards associated with globalization, outsourcing, and collaborative relationships with business partners. Whether clients are considering a corporate transaction, positioning for trade finance, entering into a licensing or distribution agreement, resolving production or distribution payment or defect disputes, delivery delays, legal warranties, IP protection, or contending with regulatory issues, the Jimerson Birr Manufacturing and Distribution Industry Team has the unique experience and expertise to help.
Our focus is on proactively identifying potential issues and addressing them before they mature to become serious business problems. We seek to know your business inside and out so that we can help you to create business systems that minimize conflict and allow you to efficiently get your products to market. When disputes develop, our litigators stand ready to come in and aggressively advance and defend your interests–whether in the area of labor, environmental, corporate, intellectual property, contracts or any other substantive area of law. The Jimerson Birr approach provides an integrated, strategic approach to legal services for manufacturers and distributors. It is an approach to help our clients prudently minimize risks and effectively take advantage of opportunities to grow and protect their businesses.
Who We Serve
- Food and Beverage Manufacturing and Distribution Companies
- Clothing and Textile Manufacturing and Distribution Companies
- Wood, Paper and Printing Manufacturing and Distribution Companies
- Petroleum, Chemicals, Plastics and Rubber Manufacturing and Distribution Companies
- Computer and Electronics Manufacturing and Distribution Companies
- Machinery and Equipment Manufacturing and Distribution Companies
- Metal Manufacturing and Distribution Companies
WHAT WE DO FOR THE MANUFACTURING AND DISTRIBUTION INDUSTRY
Jimerson Birr recognizes that companies in the risky, competitive, and fast-paced manufacturing and distribution sector depend on sound counsel for mission-critical operational, legal and regulatory issues. We are committed to the goal of helping manufacturing and distribution companies mitigate risk and prevent problems before they arise or escalate.
- We stay fully apprised of changes to manufacturing and distribution laws and industry trends in order to proactively keep our clients informed through our educational efforts and industry wide training initiatives.
- We draft and prepare contract documents in a manner that will make the language more understandable, address the primary risks of your particular business, and bring the documents into compliance with changes in law or trends in the industry.
- Our dedication to efficient and cost-conscious practice of law, in conjunction with innovative and flexible compensation terms, enable us to help manufacturing and distribution companies effectively plan and maintain their budgets without surprise.
- We have the resources and bandwidth to address legal issues which may occur in the everyday management and operation of the business.
Our Manufacturing and Distribution Industry Attorneys cover all aspects of a company’s legal needs, with specialty service offerings centered around:
- Supply Chain Contracting, including Manufacturing, Distribution and Licensing Agreements
- Product Safety, Labeling and Regulatory Compliance
- Products Liability Defense
More than just Manufacturing and Distribution Industry Law specialists, Jimerson Birr has a team of attorneys with experience and expertise in every legal issue you may encounter, including:
- Accounts Receivable and Judgment Collections
- Administrative Law and Licensing
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Asset Protection Law
- Bet The Company Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Borrower Representation
- Business Litigation
- Business Process Consulting
- Corporate and Board of Directors Governance and Operations Counsel
- Corporate Formation, Transactions and Dissolution
- Class Action Litigation Defense
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Disaster and Crisis Preparation and Response
- Economic Development and Government Incentives
- Eminent Domain Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Diligence, Compliance, Permitting and Mitigation
- Executive Coaching
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Defense
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Defense
- Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act Defense
- Florida Registered Agent Services
- General Counsel for Small Businesses or Start Up Companies
- Government Procurement and Bid Protests
- Governmental Relations and Advocacy
- Immigration Law for Businesses
- Insurance Procurement and Coverage
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Landlord/Tenant Leasing (Commercial)
- Land Use and Zoning
- Legal Opinions
- Opportunity Zone Investing
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Premises Liability
- Property Insurance Claims
- Property Tax Disputes
- Real Estate Transactions & Disputes
- Records Management and Document Retention
- Shareholder Disputes and Derivative Litigation
- Subpoena Response
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act Defense
- Trade Secret Protection
- Vendor Contracting
- Workplace Safety, OSHA and CDC Compliance
We live by our 7 Superior Service Commitments
- Conferring Client-Defined Value
- Efficient and Cost-Effective
- Delivering an Experience While Delivering Results
- Meaningful and Enduring Partnership
- Exceptional Communication Based Upon Listening
- Accountability to Goals
Part III: What Documents Matter Most In Determining Share Value in a Buyout? An Analysis of Key Documents and Why They Matter
Part II: What Documents Matter Most In Determining Share Value in a Buyout? An Analysis of Key Documents and Why They Matter
Jacksonville, Fla — March 10, 2022 — For the fifth year, Jimerson Birr has been recognized by the Law Firm 500, which
Jacksonville, Fla—March 24, 2022—Jimerson Birr Managing Partner Charles B. Jimerson, Esq. has been named as one of America’s
A successful ransomware attack can cost a business hundreds of thousands of dollars or more in cash, plus weeks of lost
Recovery Account Manager at Medical Supply Company Testimonial
Jimerson Birr makes business to business debt collection easier than it normally is. They are effective because they are diligent, organized and aggressive. They are aware that a proactive and sensitive approach often yields the best result. They often secure payment in an agreeable manner, without putting a strain on the relationships we have with our customers. When a settlement cannot be worked out, they will go to the ends of the earth to get our money back. I’ve never seen such creativity and resourcefulness in getting our money back. They’ve been a trusted partner since the firm started and it has been fun to see our companies advance together.
Represented National Food Distributor During Construction of Distribution Centers in Illinois, Florida and California
Represented a national specialty food distributor in the negotiation of the contract documents for the construction of distribution centers in Illinois, Florida and California.
Prepared and Negotiated Contract Document for Pharmaceutical Company’s Facility Build
Represented a pharmaceutical company in the preparation and negotiation of the contract documents for the construction of a multi-million dollar manufacturing facility.
Lead Trial Counsel for U.K. Chemical Manufacturer in Defense of More Than $25 Million in Mechanic Leans
Acted as lead trial counsel for a public U.K. chemical manufacturer in defense of four mechanic’s lien lawsuits claiming more than $25 million in total mechanic’s liens related to the construction of a first of its kind chemical plant for production of ethylene oxide from plant-based ethanol in Delaware. Successfully employed a strategy to stay the lawsuits through enforcement of mandatory pre-suit mediation subcontract requirements and obtained successful mediated settlements of all of the lawsuits for less than half of the total claimed amounts of the liens.
Represented Battery Manufacturer in Eight-Figure Lawsuit Against Part Manufacturer
Represented battery manufacturer in eight-figure products liability and business tort action against component part manufacturer.
General Manager of Food Distribution Company Testimonial
When we purchased our new manufacturing plant, Jimerson Birr guided us through the entirety of the process with both our immediate and long-term business goals in mind. They effectively created an ownership transition plan and efficiently handled what can often become a drawn-out process one that was a pleasant, well-thought endeavor for all parties. This complex process was made a little easier because we had the right legal counsel by our side.
President of Printing Manufacturing Company Testimonial
When my company began courting distribution agreements during recent expansion, we were referred to Jimerson Birr to strategize. What I found in this firm is a combined skillset of legal expertise and business acumen that is truly one-of-a-kind. Not only were they able to assist me in this transitional phase and selection process, but they have offered so much more in terms of business solutions and ensuring our agreements were sound and fair. As business steadily increases, I have relied heavily on Jimerson Birr to protect my interests and serve as our legal champion.