Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing Overview
The complexities of commercial real estate transactions and litigation require knowledgeable attorneys and support staff to ensure that a smooth closing, clear title or proper possession is obtained. Jimerson Birr’s Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing Industry Team represents clients involved in sophisticated commercial real estate matters with acute attention to details that could impact our clientele at any stage in the process. Our experience also spans all types of real estate, including office buildings, shopping centers, standalone retail, industrial, hotels, healthcare facilities, educational facilities, multi and single-family residential developments, and raw land.
Our team represents developers, investors, landowners, builders, lenders, property managers, commercial tenants, and other entities connected with the real estate sector. Leveraging deep market knowledge and experience, we take both lead and support roles in negotiating, finalizing and extending cost-effective, custom-made real estate solutions that fit the needs of our clients today and into the future. Jimerson Birr provides counsel on all aspects of real estate transactions, from acquisitions and financings to leasing and sales, as well as environmental and land use compliance. We advocate solely for the business success of our clients. We structure deals that address specific real estate development, sales or leasing needs and preempt problems, earning respect from building owners, management or tenants along the way. The only real benchmark against which to judge the effectiveness of our work is by the profitability of our clients’ investments.
Our Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing Industry Team can help to cut through the legal clutter and ever-present institutional biases to assist landlords in putting out a product that allures prospective tenants to sign a long-term lease at terms favorable to you and your interests. On the tenant side, our lawyers are able to negotiate business and legal terms of the transaction, lobby for favorable contractual concessions, document and facilitate any necessary construction requirements, develop metrics of performance, and follow through to successful leasing contract completion. At Jimerson Birr, we are available to draft, review, and negotiate commercial leases, and assist either landlords or tenants with issues relating to evictions, past-due rent collections, non-monetary and monetary lease defaults, exclusive use and other restrictive covenants, unlawful detainer, security and insurance issues, common area maintenance (CAM) issues, failure to make repairs, and other commercial landlord-tenant disputes.
In addition, should a dispute arise, Jimerson Birr’s real estate litigation team blends a broad knowledge of real estate law and business practice with well-honed skills in litigation and alternative dispute resolution. In addition, we pride ourselves on our familiarity with business concepts that transcend traditional real estate issues, and on our ability to unify the many disciplines necessary to litigate sophisticated transactions. We have successfully and regularly litigated real estate contract disputes, complex real property improvement issues, quiet title issues, condemnation cases, easement or restrictive covenant disputes, premises liability and boundary line disputes. Our specialized knowledge in real estate law, combined with excellent advocacy skills, will put you in the best possible position to obtain a positive outcome in your real estate litigation.
When real estate industry clients work with Jimerson Birr, they soon appreciate that the most important construction project is building a relationship of trust and confidence that stems from our value-add counsel.
Who We Serve
- Real Estate Developers, Investors and Landowners
- Commercial Tenants
- Commercial Real Estate Brokers
- Commercial Property Management Companies
- Commercial Real Estate Lenders
WHAT WE DO FOR THE REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT, SALES & LEASING INDUSTRY
Jimerson Birr recognizes that companies in the risky, complex, and fast-paced real estate sector depend on sound counsel for mission-critical operational, legal and regulatory issues. We are committed to the goal of helping real estate development, sales and leasing executives mitigate risk and prevent problems before they arise or escalate.
- We stay fully apprised of changes to real estate laws and industry trends in order to proactively keep our clients informed through our educational efforts and industry wide training initiatives.
- We draft and structure contract documents in a manner that will make the language more understandable, address the primary risks of your particular business and project, and bring the documents into compliance with changes in law or trends in the industry.
- Our dedication to efficient and cost-conscious practice of law, in conjunction with innovative and flexible compensation terms, enable us to help real estate executives effectively plan and maintain their budgets without surprise.
- We have the resources and bandwidth to address legal issues which may occur in the everyday management and operation of the business.
Our Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing Industry Attorneys cover all aspects of a company’s legal needs, with specialty service offerings centered around:
- Land Use
- Environmental Law (Review and Mitigation)
- Title Defect Analysis and Resolution
- Real Estate Litigation
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Evictions
- Real Estate Development Permitting
- Riparian Rights and Waterfront Development
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Coastal Permitting & Compliance
- Commercial Property Receivership
- High-End Residential Real Estate Transactions
More than just Real Estate Development, Sales & Leasing Law specialists, Jimerson Birr has a team of attorneys with experience and expertise in every legal issue you may encounter, including:
- Accounts Receivable and Judgment Collections
- Administrative Law and Licensing
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Asset Protection Law
- Bet The Company Litigation
- Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Borrower Representation
- Business Litigation
- Business Process Consulting
- Corporate and Board of Directors Governance and Operations Counsel
- Corporate Formation, Transactions and Dissolution
- Class Action Litigation Defense
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Disaster and Crisis Preparation and Response
- Economic Development and Government Incentives
- Eminent Domain Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Diligence, Compliance, Permitting and Mitigation
- Executive Coaching
- Fair Credit Reporting Act Defense
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Defense
- Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act Defense
- Florida Registered Agent Services
- General Counsel for Small Businesses or Start Up Companies
- Government Procurement and Bid Protests
- Governmental Relations and Advocacy
- Immigration Law for Businesses
- Insurance Procurement and Coverage
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Landlord/Tenant Leasing (Commercial)
- Land Use and Zoning
- Legal Opinions
- Opportunity Zone Investing
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Premises Liability
- Property Insurance Claims
- Property Tax Disputes
- Real Estate Transactions & Disputes
- Records Management and Document Retention
- Shareholder Disputes and Derivative Litigation
- Subpoena Response
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act Defense
- Trade Secret Protection
- Vendor Contracting
- Workplace Safety, OSHA and CDC Compliance
We live by our 7 Superior Service Commitments
- Conferring Client-Defined Value
- Efficient and Cost-Effective
- Delivering an Experience While Delivering Results
- Meaningful and Enduring Partnership
- Exceptional Communication Based Upon Listening
- Accountability to Goals
Jacksonville, Fla — March 10, 2022 — For the fifth year, Jimerson Birr has been recognized by the Law Firm 500, which
Jacksonville, Fla—March 24, 2022—Jimerson Birr Managing Partner Charles B. Jimerson, Esq. has been named as one of America’s
On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 from 12:00 PM-1:00 PM, three attorneys from our Real Estate Development, Sales and Leasing team will
A successful ransomware attack can cost a business hundreds of thousands of dollars or more in cash, plus weeks of lost
On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 from 12:00 PM-1:00 PM, three attorneys from our Real Estate Development, Sales and Leasing team
Q: What is Eminent Domain? A: “Eminent Domain” is currently defined as the power of the nation or a sovereign state to take
Prepared and Negotiated Documents for International Developer’s Construction of $40 Million Project Domestically
Represented an international real estate developer with the preparation and negotiation of all contract documents in connection with the construction of a $40 million observation deck and lobby renovation at the tallest office tower west of the Mississippi River, which included a unique thrill feature involving an exterior glass slide between the 70th and 69th floors.
Represented Nationwide Remodeled in Revising Contracts to Meet State-by-State Regulations
Represented nationwide residential remodeler and restoration company in revising all of contract programs to meet state by state regulatory and common law requirements.
Litigated for Real Estate Brokerage and Property Management Firm in Trade Secret Dispute
Litigated for real estate brokerage and property management firm in trade secret dispute with competing brokerage accused of stealing trade secrets and interfering contractual relationships.
President of Commercial Property Management Company
Commercial evictions and tenant matters are ones that often need to be handled with a specific level of care. During a commercial removal process, I needed to obtain counsel and a colleague immediately referred me to Jimerson Birr. A successful ending to what would become a litigious journey was made possible by the firm’s extensive leasing knowledge and willingness to fight hard when it mattered most. We’ve encouraged our colleagues, owners and tenants to use them for their legal needs.
Chief Financial Officer of Real Estate Development Company Testimonial
Industry leaders. They cut through the noise and get straight to the point. In a market with high stakes and quick changes, Jimerson Birr’s unique understanding of the real estate industry makes them an invaluable resource for developers of all forms. They are able to effectively leverage their experience and expertise to lead negotiations, craft cost-effective and custom solutions and ensure imminent success by creating a solid foundation to build from.