Cybersecurity Panel: Protecting Your Business from a Ransomware Attack
Reading Time: 3 minutes
In preparing to protect your business from a ransomware attack, who is the best person to consult? A CEO and expert from a leading information technology company? A cyber insurance specialist who understands ransomware coverages for businesses? An investigator from the Florida Bureau of Criminal Investigations and Intelligence who investigates all reported ransomware crimes in North Florida? Or how about a retired FBI Special Agent in Charge for North Florida and leading cybercrime forensics expert? Or maybe leading attorneys from one of Florida’s most reputable and accomplished business law firms? Our latest presentation gives you all of these.
On Thursday, October 7, 2021 from 11:30 PM-1:00 PM, two of our attorneys will be joined by cybersecurity industry leaders to present Protecting Your Business From a Ransomware Attack. The panel presentation will be followed by lunch with the presenters to allow for further discussions and networking at 1:00 PM. Whether you’re a part of a small or large company in either the public and private sector, this presentation will offer valuable insights and guidance for being prepared for a cybersecurity threat.
With ransomware attacks and cybersecurity threats on the rise, it is critical for businesses to be prepared by understanding both current and forecasted trends and learning key strategies for mitigating risks. Our robust panel of industry experts brings a diverse knowledge base, and audience members will be able to educate themselves on existing threats while learning actionable tactics for both preventing and managing cybersecurity and ransomware attacks. Topics and areas of discussion for this presentation will include:
- Ransomware and Information Technology
- Cyber Insurance Trends for Ransomware Coverage
- Trends in Ransomware Crimes
- Bridging the Gap between People, Technology & Forensics
- Your Legal Team and Ransomware
The panelists include:
- Moderator Charles B. Jimerson, Esq., Managing Partner, Jimerson Birr
- Lynne C. Rhode, Esq., Special Counsel, Jimerson Birr
- Doug Lowenthal, CEO, TruTechnology, A NetGain Technologies Company
- Vicky Zelen, CEO, Zelen Risk Solutions
- Toni Chrabot, Retired FBI Special Agent in Charge and CEO, Risk Confidence Group
- Trooper Adam Johnson, Florida Bureau of Criminal Investigations and Intelligence, Florida Highway Patrol Special Services Command
This event will be held in the second floor auditorium of the Wells Fargo Center at One Independent Drive with the option to join virtually if you cannot make it to the in-person event. The registration link will allow you to select from three ticket types: (1) In-person presentation only, (2) In-person presentation and lunch, and (3) Watch presentation online live. If a ticket to attend this event virtually is selected, a separate email will be sent to you with log in information to access the presentation in advance of the event.
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Presentation: 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
*Attend the presentation in person or online.
Lunch & Networking: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM